Monday, July 10, 2023

Laughing Wind


I sit in my chair like a deposed king

sits on his throne wondering what the

hell happened with all those peasants

who had at one time supported him...

I sit in my chair surveying the life 

that now surrounds me, seeing only

the boxes that still need to be emptied;

a sunroom without windows crosses

in front of my imagination, leaving

me with a worst case scenario and

no one with whom to share outcomes

and decide on a new direction since

this path seems to be well traveled...

shades of greens, yellows, and browns

float aimlessly outside my windows

as if trying to surround me with their

constant, positive attitudes when all

else is hopelessly lost in the smell of

the neighbor's outside bar-b-que,,,

shadows move across the table and

chairs, caught in a moving ballet

choreographed without music, just

the blowing of wind through the

trees in my front yard with laughter.


July 4, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment