Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Darkness Betrays Light


dark is the color of my evening dreams

folded up in a cloak of darkness and

presented to me as a kinky fantasy...

daughters of the night united

sons of evil smiling boldly as they

rape and plunder my dreams...

swords and daggers fly through the air

without any friction float aimlessly,

pearl handle revolvers look for their

lost leather holsters and the cowboys

that misappropriated them - no likely

suspects come to mind...  curiously

wrapped up in burrito bread, my nightly

vision pales in comparison to the dark

foe with whom I must do battle...  it is

not so much a seize the day as it is 

tuck tail and run...  being a victim of

my circumstances I lay down my

excuses as if playing poker with a

royal flush...   the odds of flying

faster than the speed of light are

greater...  my bond with knowledge

fades realizing I'm playing spades.


September 20, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment