Sunday, September 24, 2023

Myrtle Beach Series 2023 #6 - End


Forever

out from under my umbrella
I peer...  lower than before
yesterday as I recall...
not sure why the change
other than it is more windy,
more flies too...
people walk by I can hardly see
old ones and young ones too
walking to nowhere usually
from nowhere I presume since
the beach is longer than a day,
colorful outfits they adorn
a rainbow of colors but not
because they are gay...
some with shirts and some without
some are tan while others are
trying to get that way...
waves to their east
sand to their west
caught in between the present
and the past...
holes dug with shovels soon
to fill up with water,
it is the way down here and
will remain that way forever.

15Sept23





Last Day Observations

angry waves from the northeast
menace the shoreline
in front of me...
molesting my tranquility,
waves form at their crest like
rabid dogs fighting each other,
the approaching wasters push
closer and closer...  as if wanting
us to pack up and leave...
cool winds force a shiver
clouds hide the sun's warmth
sunburns are still likely...
flies bite our unprotected feet,
preschoolers jump into holes
their guardians dug with glee
joyfully screaming our excitement,
no seagulls flying by today...
no pigeons either with their bobbing heads,
lifeguards sit on RTVs chatting
no one in the water to watch,
the end of the summer approaches
while under my umbrella I still sit
wishing I had brought my coffee
instead of bottled water...
remembering how hot it was the day before
when there was no hurricane off the coast
and we sweated like most tourists do.

15Sept23

No comments:

Post a Comment