Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The late Czech dramatist was a hero, but his work is neglected



The death of Václav Havel is a loss to the world of a man of great moral integrity. His activities as a dissident, his essays, his bravery and ultimately his political career, have overshadowed his enormous talents as a playwright.



White Scorpion:  This blog was intended to allow me the opportunity to share my writings with those of you who wanted to read them.  There was also an intent for me to talk about artists from all over the world and have pages on this blog devoted to artists of different continents; and perhaps, feature a global artist every month or every week.  However, the death of Václav Havel and his contribution to the "arts" has inspired me to interrupt my daily postings with this news.  It is time to become united as the world of mankind through the "ARTS."

1 comment:

  1. So where's the rest of the story? Is this the guy who served in prison and later became president of Czech? I may be confused but I did here he died yesterday.

    ReplyDelete