Thursday, December 1, 2011

Life's Endearments

Lost and wondering, I roamed the

endless streets of my imagination;

futile experiences translated my thoughts

while softened emotions lay dormant;

frightened, I fled internally accepting

not those tears I shed alone;

sideways, like a crab I built my courage

until life’s misfortunes could shelter me;

hidden from reality, I dealt with no one,

growing separate, one dimensioned matured;

when my wisdom needed resolution only

my thoughts were there to use;

prosper my child, with age and experience

hollow words, I often heard;

peer group pressure came not often for

I was the lead they tried to follow;

silent enemies within me tortured

my thoughts…

my being…

my soul to share…

standing tall I held on strongly,

“shake the demons from within, “ I cried!

This stain glass life which I protected had

harnessed my fear of life’s endearment.

February 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment