Sunday, February 20, 2022

A Heavy Frost

discovered this morning was
a heavy frost on the ground,
the first of this year, ending
as it began months ago...
herds of thoughts stampede
through my mind this morning
towards the clifss of no return,
reminding of the emptiness
that surrounds my life as I
ponder the futility of all my
remaining years...  and the
collapse of society happening all
around my lucid state-of-mind;
sun bursts through the window
of my front door like a home
invasions, reminding me that
it is not me in control...  as
each day is different from the
one before and the one before
that one as well...  cats on my
lap and cats on the table beside
me and cats drinking water from
a bowl, let me know that they
live here too...   and have a in
what is going to happen to me...
will they live or what, I wonder?
a blue shirt hangs over the chair
that should have been placed on
a hanger in the closet last night,
and as far as I know...  it might
have been there the day before.

19 November 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment