Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A Siamese

on my lap a Siamese sits as his fur
is not enough to warm him up...
he know not the season nor the months
just if it warm or cold... but sometimes,
regardless of the weather, in my lap
he likes to sit...  perhaps, not because
it is so comfortable but because we have
a decade old friendship we share...  and,
from the very beginning of his tenure,
mine was the only face and body he saw
as he hid underneath the furniture...
on my lap a Siamese sits despite the
horrors though which I put him to have
a tumor from his tail removed as well as
some teeth that were no longer sound...
and for two days a bandage around his tail
remained until he pulled it off...  as is the
nature of these species, I am told...
on my lap a Siamese sits and soon he will
stretch out his body as if lying in the sun,
remaining in that position undisturbed by
all the sounds around him that would
have never happened when he was young
and suspicious of everything...  althought,
that suspicion has never really left him,
remaining as a faithful companion when
in the presence of humans who he has
learned not to trust very much...  he
lives within the framework of his own
fears but all I know is that I am and will
always be his loving and caring friend.

1 November 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment