Monday, February 14, 2022

Blinding Memories

blinded by the morning light
through the window arriving,
my eyes see inward...  an
introspection of sorts that is
not what it really seems...
blinded by the morning memories
I see clearly when I do not see
at all into the past and reawaken
reoccurances of a time where
no longer I am that which I
used to be, forever changed;
blinded by current sight, I
focus on what is believed
not on what is or could have
been if the days had been
longer or shorter...   and I had 
been a little different than I was;
blinded by the time that has taken
me to get here and without the
clarity I once had, now is it
working against me as an attorney
of record who now can tell me
what it is or what it is not...
blinded by the ageless memories
that haunt me more than they are
able to remind, they now encase
me like loose fitting clothes...
and as the day unfolds the blinding
light is gone as are the reminders
that I am once again free to live
within the day as it really is now.

15 November 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment