Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Something Special

eleven years we have
known each other,
going on twelve and
sometimes we are best
friends and sometimes
we are not even close,
but one would think
that by now, he would
have learned to trust
me more...  so, when
he suspects something
is up, he hides or finds
a place from which it is
not easy to retrieve him...
plus, if I make a move
in his direction, he darts
away to a more secure
location...  now that a
recent surgical day has
revealed perhaps he may
have only another year
or so...  perhaps not...
I find myself a little
distraught after hearing
this news and I fear this
time I will not get over
a pet's leaving so quickly,
especially since I am the
only one to which this pet
has been willing to bond.

1 Novermber 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment