Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Feline Tradition


it is not howling in my head

it is a hungry cat, letting me

know it is time to wake up...

up on my elbows I prop myself,

looking this way and that to

see if anyone else is up at this

hour of the morning...  no sane

person would be once they have

retired not to sleep until noon...

but my cats, even though I only

see one, want me up early so

they can have their treats even

though their food bowl is full...

it is a tradition that was started

long ago for some reason, I am

thinking just to be nice, that is

now expected by these felines...

once in the morning and once at

night and if we forget, they will

always remind us...  with their

howling until one of us gets the

hint and leaves the comforts of a

warm bed, which seems to be me

this morning since you are still

pretending to be alseep...  silly me.


28 February 2023



No comments:

Post a Comment