Monday, March 6, 2023

The Back Porch


a winter storm blows debris into my

mind that was not there before...

clouds cover my imagination and

rain falls down on my fantasies...

neighbors point their fingers, laughing

at my inability to come to terms with

aging body that seems not to want to

respond the way it was a few years 

ago when working in the yard...  my

thoughts roll down the hill on which

we live, looking for another family

with which to live...   my eyes shed

the tears that were loaned to me by

others who had real lives that had

fallen into ruin years ago as well...

together, we sit on the back porch

pondering our mutual decline as if

we were discusing a football game

where both our favorite teams had

lost after the two minute warning...

a distant sun sets behind the hills

where life shows no signs of going.


28 February 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment