Sunday, March 3, 2024

Renting Laments


morning tumbles into the pocket of 
my mind quite easily at night when
sleep eludes me and my breathing
become more difficult than imagined,
the sights and sound of darkness
surround me like a coffin fitted with
the skill of a hand-tailored suit...
the souls of many, the thoughts of
but a few penetrate me as might
happen to lovers separated longer
than the agreed upon time and oh
so fortunate to be given privacy in
the back of a star's limousine...
cries from deep within the belly of
our secret love give pause to those
who forced us together, and when
the learned scholars learn of their
mistake, we will be long gone and
hiding in someone else's fantasies
who had requested our services but
who had been put on a waiting list.


February 25, 2024



No comments:

Post a Comment