Friday, March 1, 2024

A Dysfunctional Family


waves of regret flow through my
consciousness as family begins
their assault on my past, blaming
me for all those inherent problems
we had when we were children...
abdicating any responsibility for
their actions accusing me of a
vicious control of their behavior;
I wonder who was controlling who
either as children or as adults since
it is they who hold all the cards of
grudges backing me in a corner to
apologize or be kicked out of all
future family gatherings...  my mind
reels at the thought they believe the
venom that is spewed between their
parsed lips as if self-righteousness
is now in control of their actions...
torture me as you will, brother and
sister dears, since I have no desire
to kiss the rings of your new wealth.


February 25, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment