Saturday, January 2, 2021

FROM 1986 - December - page 2

This Year
this year
the one whose time
is almost gone,
began with
all its features in order;
this year,
took us off center
painting our promises
with opaque colors;
this year,
passed away quickly,
filled us with laughter
tested our strength
and determination;
this year,
absorbed our sorrow
and cried when it could
not remove our pain.


Often
often,
I have thought of you
of us,
in silence
in darkness
your feelings wrapped
around mine
and the scent of
your awareness
matched to mine,
like blood types;
often,
I dare to mention
then deny
myself the obligation,
building the excitement
of desire beyond
its toleration,
imagining our first 
embrace and often I
think about it
until I see you.


Perhaps
perhaps,
we shall never awaken
to the fear from within;
perhaps,
we shall dream what others
will often achieve;
perhaps,
our speculation is academic
but worth the time 
to ponder...  to wonder...
to be prepared;
perhaps,
this is a fruitless exercise
perhaps,
but what else is there to do?



Desire
and like poison, my desire for you
is slowly burning my consciousness,
I dream of nothing else
I concentrate on us together
what it would be like 
what I would feel
sensations...  excitement...
and the pleasure I could give back;
unlock from storage
from a deep freezer
to yield to the temptations
to stray...  
to sample the fruit from a tree
grown in a different garden;
a weakness I must guard against
like having too much candy...
is the pain of the cavity worth its sweetness?


Day's End
and as the day's end brings
brings with it sunset, a
new beginning is announced...
cars have on, 
their not quite needed headlights,
some return to families
some stop off for a beer;
I ask myself which way do I go from here?
which way seems less lonely?





No comments:

Post a Comment