Sunday, August 21, 2022

End of the Day

the end of the day is always premature

and if I were to dictate the length of the

it would be like Alaska...   nine months

long...  although I am sure that after a

few weeks of constant daylight, my 

desire for days would vanish...  I recall

my military days and my need to have

the evening watch so I would not be

around the scrambled eggs people...

and when time slows down and allows

me to remember such trivial thoughts,

I am grateful for the end of the day

and the need to rest our eyes...  the end

of life is nowhere similar to the end

of days as we know death to be...  the

evening brings about merriment and

death brings about finality...  we troll

the night looking for hostages that

need to be set free from their homes

where they are confined like prisoners

and when we rap on their doors, their

caretakers urge us to leave with knives

and other weapons that had been ruled

forbidden by those who decide it all,

and if we don't obey, then our lives

could come to an end rather abruptly.


13 August 2022



No comments:

Post a Comment