Friday, August 5, 2022

My Myterious Creature

above the treetops soars a flying creature

way up high, unknown to my untrained eye...  

if I were smaller I would catch a ride...

if I were younger I would fear the sky...so...  

from my vantage point lying on the ground,

I can see all around me and in between the

clouds...  where the rain comes from, I suppose,

but not today as it is as clear as it can be and

for some time the sky has not been this way...

but today...  it is clear and beautiful...  and I

imagine me as an angel, flying here and 

there...  without care...  until my bidding is

required... and then I dart away as quickly as

I had appeared...  on the ground, I lay with the

tall grass tickling my fancy and my ears and

spot an upside-down animal approaching

from the side...  onto my elbow I raise myself

and once our faces meet, I realize we have

meet before in some distant dream I had when

on the ground I was lying and fast asleep I 

went only to be awakened by this same one...

my eyes closed involuntarily to block out the

sun and when they re-opened, I was alone.



25 July 2022




No comments:

Post a Comment