Thursday, August 18, 2022

Getting Away


clouds on the horizon

clouds in the sky

clouds all around us

I know not why...

our sun hides behind

these clouds in a most

peculiar way as it gives

us the light we need

yet pretends not to stay...

we lift our arms upward

in an effort to be seen

in the hopes that our

sky gods will provide us

with what we need...

a river of doubt runs

through my mind as I

wiggle my toes in the

creek on whose bank

I sit with all my morning

thoughts...  the least of

which is planning our my

days in this foreign land

to which I have been

subjected...  it is the land

of my parents and of their

parents as well who came

to this place decades ago

to hunt and fish while on

vacation...  but now we come

here mainly to get away

from all the rules and regulations

that have invaded our city.


11 August 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment