Monday, August 1, 2022

On Getting Older

moments, images, and names flash across my

mind and I pay none of it any attention...  this

slide show of memories does not catch my 

attention and while these might be interesting

glimpses they provide no immediate desire for

further investigation...  but when a memory of

my own design flashes across my mental screen,

it gets the attention it deserves...  perhaps more

if the details are a little sketchy and the vision

does nothing to clarify...  these moments stay

with me for the rest of the day and then some 

as my sleep is interrupted by these teases that

cannot quite catch on...  a nuisance they are

hanging around as they do...  annoying the

mind as it tries to remember but cannot...  a

devil of a demon with which to contend but

a necessary one when it happens, trying to

find the conclusion to the riddle they pose...

but when the mystery is solved and the issue

vanishes, it is not too long before another one

appears just as elusive, leaving one to wonder if

this is just the plight of one who is getting old.


23 July 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment