Sunday, October 30, 2011

Four Poems from March 2006





I.
Who watches the watchers;
Who combs the hair of the dead;
Who screens all the new babies born,
in case pre-determinations need to be made?
So, what do I care about where
all these questions may be taking you
if I did not think your responses
would not teach me a thing or two?
But, let's suppose for a minute
that our paths were destined to meet,
what then my dear Brutus,
would be point of any pre-conceived thought?
And, when you solve this dilemma for you,
I will have another and another,
and a riddle or two simmering in
my Bitches Brew ---
for it is I who is the pre-conceiver
in all tales of woe,
and it is I who lusts after the lusting
with the innocence of you know who.

II.
The graveyard of my thoughts, rivals Atlantis

I suppose, but,somewhere they must go, as,

inside my head, they cannot stay;

so, draw me a picture of

what you see, and I will bend

the rules and set her free,

and when she flies away

and rejoice we three,

much ado about whatever,

then, another two or three

more are set free;

and, when the war is over

and all the doors have been closed

memories will hang forever fading

inside the closets of the three.

But, then the hand that feeds me

re-directs me at His will and I sometimes

wonder if it is not intentional in order

for all those thoughts to pass through

the hollow walls of my mental prison cell.


III.
Living in a house is not living in a home
feeling lonely is so much better than being alone
Holding on is not the same as being held
keeping secrets doesn't mean you cannot tell
Listening to your head isn't always wise
looking through me would be better -
if you looked into my eyes...
Letters written are often the ones that go unsent
instead of being broken, a rule is better bent
Whispers in the dark are better left unsaid
those thoughts were meant for daylight -
not simply in my bed...
A promise can be broken, love can fade in time
but to build a wall and keep you out
would forever be a crime...

IV.
Do you think about me like I think about you

when we are not together?

Do you see my face like I see your face

when we are with our lovers?

Do you long to touch me like I long to touch you

just before sleep robs us of that sensation?

Do you masturbate like I masturbate and

think that you are by my side?

Do you wish you could kiss me like I wish

I could kiss you when I watch you pass my office?

Are you as frustrated as I am that we met at the

wrong time or perhaps at the right time?

Do you you think about me as much as I think about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment