Friday, October 21, 2011

Greeting Card Thoughts

FirstPoem

We promised each other
Our love;
We promised it during the good times
When our love was the most
Wonderful event
We ever experienced;
We promised it during the bad times
When our love was the only
Thing that kept us together;
Neither of us knew
What the future would bring;
Neither of us knew
How life would treat us;
Neither of us knew that our love
Would see us through,
But it did,
And I know that I never
Would have felt this
Kind of happiness
Without you.



Second Poem

There are times now
When I think back
On how my pride
Stood in the way
Of my common sense,
And it would be days
When we would not talk
And would not touch
And would not kiss,
But I would like you to know
That I am sorry
And that my hugs
And kisses
Miss yours.


Third Poem

Don’t turn away from me
When I know you are tempted,
Even when my actions
And my words
Don’t really convey how I feel;
Don’t turn away from me
And destroy everything
We have tried to rebuild
Because it get a little difficult;
Don’t turn away from me
Before I have had a chance
To show you I can change,
When what we have
Is more than some only dream about;
Don’t turn away from me
Because if I lost you again
I would lose the most precious
Thing I ever had in my life.



Fourth Poem

Looking back on the years that
We have shared together,
We can see that it is our love
That got us through all of
Our joys and sorrows;
Looking back, we could have
Never known what our life
Would be like together and
We could have never really known
What we both know now;
Looking back, we can see
That the only thing that ever mattered
Was our unyielding love




Fifth Poem

All I want is to have your love
For the rest of my life,
To go to bed each night
With my arms around you
And wake up the next morning
With your arms around me;
All I want is to share my life with you,
To talk about our dreams,
And the places we would like to go,
To talk about the things that make us laugh,
And even the things we argue about;
All I want is to give you my love,
And a place you can feel secure in
And accepted no matter what you think
Or be silent in because what is unspoken
Is often understood;
All I want is to grow old with you
And watch our dreams come true,
And sit on the front porch
When we both are old and gray
Realizing how important our love is
And that it will last forever.


9-27-1997

No comments:

Post a Comment