Friday, October 21, 2011

My Love

I may not always be the man thatTuesday,
You imagined spending the rest of your life with
Or the kind of man that you need
Or the soul mate that you deserve, but
I am the kind of man who loves you deeply
Understanding each day how strong
And reassuring that kind of love can be.

I may not always be the kind of man that
Puts away his clothes or makes the bed
Or even keeps toothpaste from
Dripping on the faucets that
You just had cleaned
The day before, but,
I am the kind of man who
Is always there for you
And who accepts you
Always for whom you are
Or need to be as each
Day offers us both something new
And breath-taking that with
Each other we always seem to share.

I may not always be the kind of man that
Says the right words at the right times
Or that chooses the right clothes to wear
Or not to wear as your perceptions be,
But, I am the kind of man who
Takes you shopping, takes out the garbage,
And never complains no matter
How many purses you want to buy
Even though, I may not always understand why.

And, lady, I may not be a lot of things
That you think I should or should not be,
But, this I can tell you without hesitation
That I will always be the kind of man who
Can easily remain always deeply in love with you…
February 14, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment