Thursday, October 27, 2011

From A Distance

From a distance, I look into your eyes and
have seen my own fears and insecurities;
robust and youthful you appear to my voyeuristic eyes
but you lack release from the past I have come
to find out from you in our taunting;
we are obligated by our own prisons yet
reach out for understanding and caring, not to
so much settle old scores, but to have a
simple acceptance of who we are and
all our the baggage guilt that we carry around
and have learned to wear so well;

From a distance, I see myself in you and
Wonder why our two souls had to die;
Why our families were so rude and crude
In the way they tried to appreciate us and
In the way they mistreated us because they could.
What’s gone is gone, I find myself wanting to say,
But like you, it haunts me so I miss having
It around and use the longing to frame the portrait
All my ineffectual relationship who missed the clues.

From a distance, I look beyond the garments that
You wear that fit you so well, highlighting your
Appealing nature, imagining the softness underneath
And how electrifying it becomes when aroused that
Is kept out of reach even from those who touch
Due to the enduring qualities of your earlier life;
And, I see that despite our difference in age, you
Are much like me and I much like you and it is
Sad in a way that we share those same recipes.

From a distance, I look into your eyes every time
You pass by where I sit, even though you seldom
Look in my direction to keep the walls of eyes
That surround you constantly from noticing
Any telltale signs that they could pass from
Wall-to-wall, and imagine sharing my dark side
With you as thought you were some kind of
Mistress of that side of the dark and it was I
Who served you to make our lives complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment