Monday, November 21, 2011

Attraction Not So Subtle



Your image gently glides into my memory

My eyes focus and softly close on your smile

Desire rests on the fingertips of my imagination

Lust lingers loosely on the tongue and lips

Kissing away the moment like brushing away

The cobwebs of a lifeless, lonely day…

Your image reminds me of happiness and the

Way it used to be before time had her way with me

Like a wanton, homeless whore at the end of the day;

Your smile holds me captive while your bedroom eyes seduce,

There is a look of sadness each time you walk away,

I look at you and see no other, wondering why the day has passed away

And to whom to send the RSVP for missing the “rights of passage;”

If you were to swallow me, I would want more

If I were to drink you in, you would want more

So, here we are, prisoners of the moment and of each other;

Time has seduced us both and left in her wake

Delicate reminders of how attraction is meant to work.


November 3, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment