Tuesday, November 8, 2011

From December 2007


Morning arrives early to me
Each day up at 5 and each
Day early to bed at 9 or 10;
And, what do I have to show
For this routine other than
Consistency to a routine.
Dec07

If you were to leave me and I you
What would be the outcome of our
Assets – would they be divided
As equal as was our marriage or
Not so – would you simply walk
Away without the slightest care
For what you left behind so easily.
Dec07

I have often wondered what
Life would be like without you;
And, if I would meet someone
New who would accept me as
I am, who would encourage a
Partnership between us, who
Would willingly change for
Me as I would for her, who
Would trust me and want to
Build trust in me for her, and
Who would be there for me.
Dec07

Illusions of marriage have always
Been a part of my marriages as
They have always seemed to be
Created out of what they were
Never intended to be, actually.
Dec07

If I am to blame for what this
Marriage may or may not have,
Then so too are you equally to
Blame for your contribution.
Dec07

No comments:

Post a Comment