Saturday, February 27, 2021

Death of a Decade Followed -- page 6

Frozen Fog Descending
a creepy and eerie fog covers our city
and with it my vision has disappeared
without a trace just like a missing person
and I reflect upon its nature
as no solutions at this time can be found
and will this wait last minutes or hours
or perhaps even months or years?
a curse upon our city we have brought
with our rotten form of politics
allowing the wealthy to dictate policy
leaving themselves exempt from retribution
and the fear of losing the next election;
a creepy eerie fog has covered our city
stopping rioters and looters in their tracks
as they cannot see what they cannot see
no can they benefit from anymore violence;
everyone remains in their brownstones
life is temporarily postposed while
we take samples and make predictions
of promises made we cannot keep
and loyalty clearly remains off the streets
allowing street cleaners to work overtime
as they attempt to remove the frozen fog
and restore the conformity of winter.

6 December 2020


White Man's Land
hire me...
hire me...
hire me...
I am black
I am african american
I am a person of color
no matter how qualified am I
nor does it matter
since I am black you see
and have been oppressed
for decades on in this 
here white man's land;
you owe me
I owe you not you see
in case you are wondering,
a high salary do I require
its nothing personal
nor is it business
its just a bit of culture
since I am free
yet oppressed still
in white man's land
and land of the free.

6 December 2020


Being Slender
slender people with
their slender clothes
live in slender houses
on slender streets
in slender neighborhoods...
slender people with
their slender attitudes
work in slender jobs
for slender pay and
when the slender day
is finally over, they
eat their slender meals
at their slender tables
after which they sleep
in their slender beds
for the rest of the night,
wishing in their slender dreams
that they were no longer
slender but really fat.

6 December 2020


A Blue Ink Pen
a blue ink pen is nice for a change
from the black ones I used,
its point is so fine that it easily
tears the paper on which I write;
how long will I use it?
until it's empty I suppose...
how fast do I complete each journal?
it depends...  I tell myself,
sometimes a month or two
but sometimes more or less;
do people read my writing?
not many...  I have surmised
and that should not bother you
as it bothers me not either,
as I write not for them
but for myself and you
or at least I try to but I suppose
sometimes I'm not that successful.

6 December 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment