Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Fall of November twenty twenty - page 8

Given Birth
only moments before were...
my thoughts interrupted
reminders of those more controversial
falling victim to their return
surrendering to their influence
held against my breast
as if I were their mother and
they were in need of nourishment
and warmth for the journey ahead;
only moments before were...
instincts calmed by the ancients
spirits invading my consciousness
more vast than imagined with
views of discoveries more precious
than the most precious orchid
in the garden of orchids that grows
on the other side of our universe;
only moments before were...
spirits leaving me for another
stealing words that were my favorites
giving them all to another version
of me yet to be given birth.

30 November 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment