Wednesday, February 3, 2021

FROM 1986 - March - page 3

Always Waiting
yesterday, I sat alone awaiting your arrival,
confused looks from others made 
the booth for four seem larger,
I wrote lines that would not fit, ending 
up only with words from which to start;
still no beginnings in sight...
the time stretched beyond my attention
occupying more than just empty space;
fixed to the table, my eyes drilled the surface,
imagining my feet and shoes then
the toenails last night trimmed...  and,
once when I raised my head to peak,
the crowd had changed and new strangers starred;
I felt occupied by their presence and the
circumstance that attracted them
to my lonely world today...  all the
words were frozen in the hollows of my throat,
waiting to be released but still
there was no beginning and purpose vanished
and the hopes for which we planned
were emptied with the trash as the lady
cleaned the tables and back to work
all my friendly strangers went...
yesterday, my life waited patiently for 
your return and I aged with worry concern,
self-doubts rested between the lines
of all the words that refused to surface
and I sat alone waiting for it all to end.


Sharing
and the curious share our
intensity, poking into
conversations about which
they don't belong...   we 
whisper silly sentiments and
they follow our movements,
I wonder who I am and why.


Today, I Saw
today I saw you walking and
decided we had to meet,
slow and casual you moved as if 
deliberately our paths should cross,
shyly you said you were...
the name I soon forgot and
unknown to each other we are no more;
I wondered why I wanted you to know
perhaps my loneliness felt by me,
I saw in you somehow...
perhaps your friendship was needed
perhaps there are a dozens reasons why;
you know nothing of me nor I of you
and all the things we could have shared
but where to start...  to begin or not,
and of this strange feeling and all
my wondering of what is destined.


Empty Pages
you spoke of times that left us
both wanting something more,
reading another paperback dime
novel as I tinkered about...
both oblivious to each other's distress
both is self-serving past times;
the years of our lives together turned
as quickly as the pages of your book,
empty pages of a less than a gentle life,
we kissed away our love in feelings
for others who took more than gave,
leaving ourselves vulnerable and obsolete.


The Loss
she fights with herself and her
willingness to give of herself,
she struggles with the opportunity
of his long lasting patience,
she pretends an unnoticed posture,
silently latent desires control her
and a desire is forwarded
like daylight savings time,
behind her lively eyes, an
unnoticed hurt rages inside,
her patience stumbles along with
her playful inhibitions and a
secured excitement ravishes,
her skin crawls anticipating a
loss of identify and loyalty,
a wandering lust now rests in
the pit of her stomach just below
the dark side of her imagination.


Differences Converge
aged difference bring us closer than before
when our innocence floated through a
consciousness that made us laugh;
we talked, gave, and took freely,
our borrowed lives own nothing in return,
we danced within the scribbled lines on paper
attempting to justify all our thoughts,
we were writers...   and artists...
whose lives were out-of-step,
moving towards a valid, rational purpose
or so we thought...  we made love
furiously like animals gaining boundaries,
we took life from others were not judged,
we were reckless and innovative,
clever in how our realities were perceived.






No comments:

Post a Comment