Saturday, December 25, 2021

Conclusionless

each morning do I sit in this chair
contemplating life around me and
to no conclusions do I arrive as I
dwell on the back porch of memories,
some of which are enduring and lovely
while others are illusive and hateful;
time spent with unfulfilled dreams
is the cruelist time of all as one
revisits failures and lost opportunities
that can only be realized with old;
of all the journies I could have taken, I
see myself taking none of my paths
as life has already been decided and
some of us see that attitude as being lazy
while others embrace it as their reality;
change leaves us all emotionally bankrupt
as life unfolds conspicuously around us
and our pre-determined lives move this
way and that from the choice we have made
but that free will is just as much of an
illusion as were the dreams we had when young;
each afternoon do I sit in this chair
contemplating most of my morning thoughts
and to no conclusions do i arrive as to
their validity or future value, discarding
most of them as just having something to do...
old age leaves us wanting more while
appreciating and grateful for all we had as
life is not about accumulation of wealth but
about what we learned from our journey.

20 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment