Thursday, December 2, 2021

Reunited

I am no mother and no children bore
but a daughter do I have...  and before
she left home for good, a father I was not
maybe not even a friend...  still, I gave
her my views on life...  my opinions
right or wrong that I had determined;
a divorce in our family put me in a bad
situation further separating the two of us
from any kinship we might have felt...
on birthdays and holidays we sent cards
a gift or two through the mail but no
one on one meetings were desired;
and then one day she disappeared
for months and month there was no
contact and then it turned to years and
when I reached out to the only address
I had, no reply was ever received...
funny sometimes is the life we are given
as choices exacerbate the experiences
and to our grave we will all go with
or without those lost experiences...  never
knowing the fullness we could have had as
that will not be the last thing on our minds;
I am no mother and no children bore
but a father I will be forever...  and as a man
who has been gifted with memories, it is
this missing daughter I will fondly remember
and while she will never see the sorrow
inside...  it is mine alone to bear...
I am her father...  and she my daughter
and one day the light we will both see
and in that light become finally reunited.

11 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment