Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Horrible Thoughts

quiet mornings are no longer since our
new neighbors moved in across the way
deciding to leave their dog outside but
inside an enclosure and now we must
listen to that constant barking all night...
our other neighbor on either side and
those who also live across the way
say nothing of its barking becasue
inside their homes they all stay...
all of our neighbors have back porches
some of which are similar to ours
but on them they never visit nor outside
do they ever desire to play...  so they
hear nothing on these mornings when
there is no humidity and we, like memories
of our forgotten past, spend time outside;
not once has this neighbor apologized or
tried to explain his dog's point-of-views,
instead they remain inside as I am sure
their barking dog bothers them too...
the birds are not outraged at this behavior
nor are the animals bound to the ground
but its annoying behavior to us is known
and oftentimes do I reflect upon the man
was incarcerated for shooting a dog as
the crime I am considering committing;
every once in a while there is silence
and I admonish myself for all the horrible
thoughts that I allowed inside my head.

11 October 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment