Monday, December 20, 2021

Whisperings


whisperings influence my inclinations
dancing inside my awareness like children
in a Madi Gras Parade...  teasing and
tantalizing they become, flitting and flirting
around my head...  momentarily pulling
towards their wanton influences while
my subconsciousness cleverly resists them;
whisperings influence my thoughts that in turn
influence my feelings that consequently
encourage my actions to respond in such
a way that those murmuring flow through the
day mimicking ther gentle waters of a brook
that empties into a stream, overflowing onto a
creek which meanders this way and that until
it finds the pond of its destination where
beavers long ago have made it their home;
whisperings take root in my imagination like
the roots of a cherry tree that move out of 
their hole for stability and security leaving 
my mind free and clear to move in its own
direction as well through the maze of
informalities that crowd the day and influence
its judgements to the point where they are
oftentimes abandoned before understood;
whisperings enter the consciousness where
reason and rationale merge into enlightenment
when silence is nurtured by ignorance and
sunlight seemingly always fades into a
transparent dusk and under the cover of
darkness we relax our instincts and allow
procrastination to consume all of the
remaining albeit redundant whisperings.

18 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment