Saturday, April 23, 2022

1998 Series - August #4

 


I.
I see darkness all around me
this morning but not inside...
I see the end of the night and
the beginning of the day...
both within and without...
I see hope and purpose and
clarity...  I believe that I must
continue to search this day
and a few more until I am
released into this world, prepared
to face most of it...  if not all of it...
and the tasks that are ahead of me.





II.
put me into the fires of hell and I
will not burn...  and, not because
I am special...  unique...  or better
than anyone else...  but because
I am pure of heart...  innocent...
and not prepared in any way to
do the work of the devil...  so,
put me into a cauldron of flames
and I will be a glorious and
graceful beginning to my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment