Saturday, November 20, 2021

Commonality

just like any other day they all start the same
awakening to pay hommage to the urinal
then take a glandular pill...
give the cats their morning treat that they
always make one feel it was delivered late,
and not internal guilt for over-sleepimg;
the large screen monitor is turned on
to view the progress of the news from a
specific station as the coffee prepares itself
after inserting a pod...  sitting in my
designated chair I disregard all personalities
and begin doddling on paper and for
whatever reason I know not why;
just like all other days, I spend most of my time
writing that which few will read and while I
question previous behaviors I no longer
care about the differences it makes...
retired, I will continue unti I am no longer...
not like any other day are my appointments
which to the medical profession all seem
to be except the quarterly visit to the stylist
who cuts my thining hair...  and, it is good
to see my friend and share treasures of what
we did since last we met...  although, nothing
really ever changes all that much...
just like every other day
there is little change and little change
is how I like it to be these days
since change at all is worrisome and
it is bad enough to deal with growing old
yet it is the commonality that we all share.

9 october 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment