Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Imagination

quietly...  my thoughts
rise to the top layer of
my consciousness like
the sun rising out of the
east so powerfully that
dark glasses are required;
quietly...  my mind bends
the truth to fit the narrative
that is to be told today to
those who want to listen;
regretfully...  my heart
soars to the uncharted skies
where only hawks and eagles
fly, leaving behind those
who fear the change in
themselves as some sort of
satanic possession of life;
regretfully...  I leave my
old self behind to protect
those thoughts too heavy to
carry into the future that
awaits all of us sooner or later;
boldly...  I venture out of
my soul's spirit and claim
my place in the universe,
floating aimlessly around
thee sky like a wizard who
can only appear in one's
innocent, childish imagination.

4 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment