Friday, January 7, 2022

A Fragile Life

decades old are my

thoughts and feelings,

wrapped around memories

like a serpentine...

but in their repetitive nautre

there is awareness...  a brief

enlightenment that scorches

the soul one last time before

decaying into nothingness...

and, it is this absence of

substance that has created life...

my life as well as others who

enjoy their limited existence

which provides opportunities for

thoughts and feelings to be compiled;

decades old are my memories

my dreams and my fantasies and

my loosely worn aspirations...

expectations based upon 

perceptions and pre-conceived

ideas that were all ill-conceived

at the time of their inception...

a force of nature

a guiding hand

divine intervention

all were responsible for the

life given but nothing prepared

me for the decades I would live

or the reminders I would have

of the fragile life I have lived.


22 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment