Sunday, January 9, 2022

A Silent Debate

at the edge of my recliner
where my feet laystretched 
out as far as they will go,
sits my yellow cat whose
eyes are fixated upon
my person in the hopes
I will leave the comforts
of my chair and kindly
open the door for him to the
dark enviornment outside,
and while this has been
our standard routine
for the last ten years,
he knows...  without a doubt
I will not get up
to let him out
until there is light...
so, he stares at me with
those slanted, menacing eys
that only felines possess to
solve a desperate situation
for his own will to prevail
as he tries to convince his
ignorant owner to move who
wants not to move an inch...
his relestness is ignored
so he closes his eyes and
within minutes his head
slides down to the leather
covering for a brief nap.

23 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment