Sunday, January 16, 2022

Soaking Wet

beside the weeping willow, beside the stilled pond
I sit pondering the inevitable like a southerner
sitting in the shade with a bamboo pole and line
in the water, waiting for a nibble that never arrives...
a sun drenched day develops slowly n the
foreground of the great smokies whose misty mornings
reveal less and leass about its famed heritage...
an ill-conceived habit creeps out of the sunrise
basking in its new found glory of awareness, letting
my mind drift along the gentle currents of the flights
of magestic eagles as they survey the forecasts of
impending rain in their skies...  where earlier none
was expected and sitting here was a good idea;
like Monet, lilies grow at the far side of the pond
but are still visible from my lines-of-sight and
seemed to have multiplied since I've been here...
a solitary bullfrog on a lily sits as if it were
deciding to take a dip in the murky waters..  it sits
and stares at me for what seems like hours,
seeking my approval which never comes its way...
a pair of cranes, a couple I suppose, casually
look around as if they feel uncomfortable feeling
comfortable here watching me drift off into a
state of cosmic consciousness as the wind they
call Moriah gently combs my thining hair...
my ponderings continue as does the inevitable;
whispers of a forgotten madness sprinkles itself
all around me like a carefully constructed and
well orchestrated rain and when I open my eyes
to confirm realize that I am now soaking wet.

26 October 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment