Monday, January 3, 2022

My Birthday Card to my Wife

Another year has come and gone
and to where we know not why,
yet we mature in so many ways
and to others we are never shy;
A mother, daughter, and sister I am
as well as a partner for my spouse
and in a group I am no mouse
keeping true to an orderly house;
Daunting my life has been over the years
my body has been blessed with life and
when I look back on all those times
my days have been inside the rhynes
and everywhere I wanted I have been
buying new purses along the way;
Future years are yet to be but each one
will be void of tears as apprehensions
are replaced by wisdom and my feet
walk through the gentle memories of
the past that made me who I am today;
Photos live inside my mind of different
places and different times and keep
me company when its hard to sleep,
but once these years have come and gone
your birthdays always arrive on time.

January 3, ,2022

No comments:

Post a Comment