Friday, February 3, 2023

The Responsible Adult


floating aimlessly
life
       without
                     purpose,
of a sea of doubt and
despair...  but only on
odd days
as the even ones are
actually
              positive...
destiny lies on the floor
with all the
                    other untruths
shareed with me over
your lifetime...
thanking me and then
unthanking me because
your life
                has been hard;
flowers planted in your garden
were still born and
you accused me of poisoning
the soil...   since I 
worked at the garden center
at WalMart...   my boss
confirmed my absence
on the day you planted
your dead flowers...
my heart floats recklessly
on the sea you
abandoned...   and the storm
you brought with you
'turned into a catastrophe
and
       you
              blamed
                           the gods
for the despair you
purchased from me today.


28 January 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment