Sunday, February 12, 2023

Whispering Wind


the wind whispers to me as it passes

...bury your past in my future...

I know not what it means and continue

to sit with my dreams by the tree

that weeps over me...  a tiny bird

flies to it red blooms and winks at

in the process and I try to remember

its name, but it escapes me...  a 

figure of speech hangs from the

tree's branches in the hopes it will

be selected instead of the cliche that

is perched on a branch higher up;

the wind blows in the opposite direction

and whispers to me...  stand clear of it all...

I have traced its movemeents for several

weeks and never once has it ever whispered

to me before...  I am speechless in a 

world that more thoughtless than reckless

leaving me to wonder when I should be

sleeping and sleeping when I should be

working on wondering what to do...  I

at a loss as what to do and I have no one

but the wind with whom to communicate.


5 February 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment