Monday, April 6, 2020

Life in the Age


heart disease, lymphoma, and melanoma


interesting, needless to say,


constant fatigue, nausea, flu like symptoms


along with loss of appetite, food taste, and apathy


that is only replaced by depression;


my body just seems tired


my thoughts just seem confused and short lived


there is a lack of concentration and no discipline


there are birds-of-a-feather flocking together here


anger is replaced by sleep, decaf coffee and sugar free cappuccino mix


nerves from the inguinal canal press


tumors run soft and break apart


tensions run along the surface of life while the eyes see more than allowed;


floating aimlessly is a distant imagination all but forgotten


and the need to feel something is happening


even if wrong...   and I see


the image of myself staring back at me



staring back at me, I have no reason for fear


since being replaced with consistency and continuity


that robs me of the sacred soul resting inside us all


waiting to be released on final time.


27Mar18

No comments:

Post a Comment