Monday, October 5, 2020

First Day of Fall


like so many other mornings recently
on my screened in porch I sit with my
Yeti cup or coffee and Lenovo in a 
chair of questionable comforts typing
out words and phrases that few will read
and even less will understand as the
magic of thought intertwines in my soul
and in my heart and in my mind while
the trinity of imagination formulates 
and the images are laid out like a 
string of corpses in a city morgue;
chills course through my veins and
on the surfaces of my skin as the
morning chilliness surrounds me in
my outdoor habitat and my body
stiffens to generate inside warmth;
Fall has arrived even though many of
the trees still hold onto their leaves
in an effort to stave off the coldness
of what will soon be approaching.

22 September 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment