Saturday, December 12, 2020

October's Full Moon



it was the night before last as I recall
when after supper on the back porch I sat;
it was a wonderous sight to behold
a bright yellow and orange moon
as big as a child's imagination;
around it was a glow most eerie indeed
and from the center on all four sides
were wide banners of light rays that
resembled the Cross of Calvary;
there were no battle lines drawn in my mind
as to what I saw or didn't see but
it got my mental wheels turning and churning,
leaving no one else to blame for the
onslaught of thoughts and queries
racing around like wild horses that night;
I went to the Outer Banks of the Tarheel State
then trampled on the stones of the Golden Gate,
whispered into Myrtle on a summer wind
and drank a pint of beer at the Boar's Head Inn;
undistinguishable it was to detect
fantasy from fiction or poetry from prose
as it all merged together like the pedals on a rose
but assuredly so I would have to say that nary
a full moon have I seen than I saw that night
and nary has there been a time in my life
that my mind has worked harder than a 
Cotton Gin or my soul had been blessed 
by God's Gift of Salvation and Grace.

5 November 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment