Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Windy Days

a world of wind blows strongly through
my screened-in porch of observations,
announcing an end to this year's summer;
we prepare reluctantly for the winter
months that we know are ahead of us,
dreading each cold day with trepidation;
clouds of hope no longer pass our way
overhead on their journey south and the
warmth of the sun's new heavenly angle;
birds hide in newly build houses made
from the wood of a rotten deck on top
of which their old home once stood;
flowers whither and die and dead leaves
fall from the ancient trees that once
upon a time were mere seedlings planted;
roads of doubt stream through my
consciousness as I connect with the
cosmic world just above my head;
thoughts of the previous are filtered
through my open mind as I connect with
those who were once here and about;
in dreams they appear out of the ordinary
and are formulated around the ideology
on previous windy days were encountered.

31 October 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment