Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Three Nandina

I planted three nandina twenty years ago today and

now I have nineteen or more in the same place,

thinned out they have been once or twice by

removing the old stalks or so I was told but then

my wife explained she cuts them from the top,


and they seem to grow just as well we've seen

and now the time has come again to trim them;

gardeners we are not but tend our garden all the same

doing what we were told or learned along the way

but as we move well into our prime, we are learning

quite unexpectedly I might add that age and gardening

are no longer a viable combination for our health;

it seems a shame to remove all that we have done

but recently that is exactly what we've done and

next in line are these nandinas and I fear that a

part of me will be forever lost once removed but

I know not how to stop the progress of my life and

return my body to the time when first moved here.

8 November 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment