Sunday, December 20, 2020

Seasons Come and Go

a flock of birds lands on my land and not another's

and before I have a chance to wonder why they

have up and moved to a different spot unseen,

in the blink of an eye up into the sky and disappeared

never to be seen again I fear especially so since

I know not who they represent or why they in their

inevitable wisdom decided to land in my yard;

the weather warmed up since yesterday

from what I hear will stay this way for several days

but when I see warm weather this late into the year

I always wonder if winter just as cold as ever

or if it may pass over with its gentle sister in towー

I see the leaves dying at the end of the limbs

I wonder why the entire tree does not suffocate,

but in the process of their rejuvenation

is the creation of more work for me...

although, it's an easy task for a riding mower;

how tidy is the yard that we made it so

in an effort to prepare it for its slumber

only a few task still remain but they are for much colder weather,

it will be weeks before they arrive without reservation

but we will host them all the same and

when we get tired of keeping their company

spring will soon call on us again...

we have no reason to be alarmed nor should we

mind our manners until summer, but

this is true as sure as I am saying it that

life is a wonder anyway that it arrives and treats

all of us the same from the butcher to the baker,

including the candlestick maker so we can see

what has been given to us for free.

7 November 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment