Thursday, June 4, 2020

A Baker's Dozen From 1988 - Page 4

1.

we are composed of winners
and losers and those who wait
around for something to happen.
April 1988




2.
from his car telephone he
called to play with the toy...  
who will be left to impress 
if we all end up like this?
April 1988
3.


this morning began with
thoughts of you and will 
likely end there as well...
what manner of magic 
have you cast upon me?
April 1988
4.
and if you think my ego is a problem
then please do something about it;
 but, don't tempt me and then sarcastically
say "I've got a problem..."  
I took you the way you intended
 and then you talked about it.
April 1988

5.

I do not trust the people 
in this 
room so I'll just and do what I 
am told and let someone else 
make the decisions we all hate.
April 1988








6.
she wasn't on my mind a lot
she was behind me stabbing me in the back;
she wasn't even attractive to look at,
she was uglier than most I knew.
April 1988

7.

her mental
inventory
was low
until the sun
came out.
April 1988



8.
"as an engineer you must be familiar with SPC."

"with what?"

"with the Deming approach to quality control."
"the only quality I control is pissing in the john each morning."

and so it was around here
no one knew and no one cared
until one day the boss decided
to replace all the johns.
April 1988

9.

we were not as typical as one
would think; still a lot  of what
we were depended upon the 
level of their sophistication.
April 1988







10.
I spent the entire morning occupied 
and could not get you off my mind;
it was rather uncanny to think that
someone like you would want 
someone like me in the first place.
April 1988

11.


we pass our time carefully from
from day to the next as diplomats
among those with whom we work;
it never ceases to amaze us what
words are misunderstood or when
a nose is poked in by mistake.
April 1988





12.
my mind strays over the fence
into a fantasy I was having with
you...  a simple dream really...
where we're in bed and little is spoken
regarding each other with lustful desires
and I was doing fine not knowing...
until I saw you and my anticipation
has been driving me crazy ever since.
April 1988

13.



before the night ends
I will have thought of you
several times...   but, I am
just a tired old man wanting
what does not belong to him.
April 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment