Saturday, June 6, 2020

A Baker's Dozen From 1988 - Page 6

1.
I have more questions than answers, it's been 
that  way ever since I knew how to ask them;
I am no smarter than those who ask no questions,
but everyone feels comfortable around me.
March 1988



2.


it was important to have your
recognition and blessings although
I've not stopped living because of you... 
it was your shadow I followed, now my
shadow is cast for others to follow.
March 1988







3.
we broke with tradition years ago,
our individual wills be served...
and we ate what we dished out
with a temporary kind of euphoria.
March 1988



4.
time passed too quickly for us
to become any busier, yet more
was asked of us and we tried
to respond, turning our home
into an office and an asylum.
March 1988



5.
you found me in the crowd and
introduced me to a new method
of friendship based upon a
physical attraction; but, my needs
were greater than yours, so,
it did not last very long; and, I
again hid in the crowd, letting
you find another just like me to
work your magic on his weakness.
March 1988




6.

bent over at the waist and
walking with a cane, he
entered the room...  towards
the sky his head turned to talk,
his eyeballs turned and were
tucked away nicely in corners;
he appeared to be a humble man.
March 1988







7.
her eyes had a maddening gaze to them,
fiercely set under her sunset hair,
she was neither mother or wife...
on the weekends she would make more
money than most would make in a month;
she sang about her loneliness for tips.
March 1988




8.
I want to say your name
over and over again,
pretending you are just 
across from me within reach,
then it will not be so hard
for me to be away from you.
March 1988




9.
I was lonely before I met you...
I will be lonely after you are gone
and it seems like I'm more
lonely when I am not with you.
March 1988



10.

wrapped around each other we 
remained within each other's love,
wondering shy this had not happened earlier;
with a little luck this feeling could
last forever or we could just 
remember that we cared for each other.
March 1988






11.
I tried to keep my mind off of you,
but I couldn't and looking out the window,
began to get my thoughts in order, yet,
all I could do was search for your vehicle.
March 1988




12.
you voice sounds sexy on the phone
I became aroused just listening to you
and only in my mind could I have
prepared such a sensuous relationship.
March 1988




13.
royal blue and red are the 
colors for which I search...
something sexy or something 
simple not to distract...
it's what you want to wear and 
how you wear it that's important.
March 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment