Friday, June 5, 2020

A Baker's Dozen From 1988 - Page 5

1.



I listed all the reasons why
I cannot continue to live
and they all pertained to a
dual personality and 
lacking listening skills.
March 1988




2.
before I was married
I was mellow when drunk,
but after marriage
was obnoxious and belligerent
and once divorced no
longer needed to become drunk.
March 1988

3.

the lessons we learn
as adults are accepted
easier than when kids.
March 1988





4.
and all the fliers I sent
to potential companions
left me with no more
than large postal bills.
March 1988

5.
yes...  I am married and
neither of us have the guts
to leave each other...
what else is new?
at least I now know that
after twenty years,
what is going on with me.
March 1988
6.
This was the last time as
I had told myself before after
recovering from the hurt;
and, here I go again responding
to whatever urge possesses me.
March 1988
7.

can we become friends and
as we get to know each other,
let our closeness dictate our
direction or must we determine
now all that we will allow?
March 1988















8.
my fleeting image floats into your 
field-of-vision, at a time when it is
 not convenient and that disturbance
prevents us from anything more.
March 1988


9.

I cannot say what it is that I feel,
all I know is that I am attracted...
I need to know more about you
and see if synergy develops...
our curiosities will be answered.
March 1988






10.
I want to have the pleasure of pain
that we knew each other however 
briefly and however intimately
rather than never have experienced
those feelings with you at all.
March 1988


11.

if you don't doubt your 
own feelings then you 
have no reason to believe 
those feelings of mine.
March 1988






12.
can your youth be transferred to me,
your disrespect and irreverence as well?
I once had those feelings I see in you and
outgrew them as I outgrew my responsibilities;
will your youth leave me confused,
realizing I have slowly allowed myself to
be molded into something I dislike?
will you teach me how to reclaim my youth
or will you just tease me with yours?
March 1988


13.

you read all of them for the last two 
years about two thousand of them and
they were all about the same... four or 
five categories done in different styles.
March 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment