Saturday, July 3, 2021

January 1989 - page 2

1.
on both side of the fence
his thoughts rested,
as if indecision wasn't bad enough
there was now a time limitation
and no more lazy days
no more procrastinations,
it was his ass on the line and
the fence had to come down.

2.
against the force he pulled
harder and harder
faster and faster
sweat ran down his neck
down his chest
from under his arms
and into his eyes and nose,
against the force he pulled
harder and faster
faster and harder
his shoulders ached
from the strain and he knew
it was working...
his neck muscles stiffened
and in his chest too
and his calves and thighs
feeling the pain...
harder and faster
faster and harder
against the force he pulled
again and again and again
and after twenty minutes he
found his runner's high and
decided to quit for the day.

3.
there were snakes in the mote
that surrounded your heart
and I was not willing to go
through them to get to you.

4.
we fought side-by-side
in the same war
in the same foxhole
in the same mud
in the same stench of death
and as civilians
we are different as if
there had been no war
and no sharing of dying
no sharing of killing
only a black prayer
for a white boy.

5.
she sucked away my life
as I lay in a state of hypothermia,
she was my black widow and
to her reluctantly gave my life.

6.
she was a beauty and
beyond my ability to have
or so I thought...   she was
in desperate need to
care for someone even
if that meant a 
broken promise or vow.

7.
it was his future that he had built
and no one would take it away,
it was his present that he never saw
since he was too busy looking ahead.

8.
my body lay trembling
you fingers danced
across its nudity...
my body convulsed
you kisses healed
my burning flesh,
my body docile
its never endings burned
from the electric shock.

9.
I think about you constantly
my darling...  if I may call you that,
since neither of us is really sure
what all this we do is all about.

10.
a world is closing in
smaller and smaller
an ant in comparison
for that which we struggle,
in vain are our words
and our disclosures,
seldom do we see early
and when we do, we
cannot admit it...
we can fly anywhere,
anytime and if we never
looked back and yet we
can never predict anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment